.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Well, lets see if this blog lasts longer than a bored afternoon. Lotus domino, community wireless networks, Camberwell, greater London Ladies Drinking Club, mojitos, Burning Man and big art in general...

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Camberwell, well, well....

Aah the marvellous manor of SE5. I've just moved there from SE1, so have added an extra 30 mins to my daily bus journey to work. Fortunately, I still have a 1 bus-to-work situation ( a prerequisite for flat purchasing ) and it's pretty empty when I alight.

Have collected an admirer ! His name is Ahmed and he is a strapping guy of 27. He wants me to be his girlfriend. Yeah right. Somehow my boyish dress and mohican lures him to flirt and wheel about me on his bike.
*Since having seen him with some little girly trotting behind him and nagging, he hasn't chatted to me since.
I do feel as if I've done my bit for community relations and am less intimidated when passing the group of "hooded youths" in the neighbourhood though. Hurrah.

Places to go:

Hermits cave - a pub nr the green which, as my mate Andy says, is a place for old gits. I feel quite at home there, and I've spotted the odd cute girlie bargirl.
Sun & Doves - up Coldharbour Lane a bit - fab bar with free wireless and gorgeous garden out back. Cocktails and good food, had my b'day there. Nice staff.
Tadim Cafe - Turkish cafe resturant thingie. Mural of Fethiye on the wall, which, seeing as I had a fab holiday in that region, has endeared the place to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home